At St Joseph’s, successful learning is a collaborative journey of curiosity and innovation where learners are empowered to question, seek solutions, make connections and take action in our world:
- before quality learning can occur, students must feel safe.
- all students can learn.
- children learn cognitively, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually.
- children learn in a variety of ways at varying rates, and from numerous sources.
- children need to value learning and recognise their responsibility in the learning process.
- there needs to be an emphasis on basic skills of numeracy and literacy as the foundation that underpins the development of all other curriculum areas.
- there needs to be a strong emphasis on the development of life skills.
- learning needs to be challenging and enjoyable.
At St Joseph’s we teach children not subjects.
In addition to the key learning areas, St Joseph’s Primary School provides a range of programs and approaches designed to assist each of our children gain independence, responsibility, resiliency and personal success.
- Extending Mathematical Understanding, EMU.
- Literacy Intervention Program, LLI
- Parish Sacramental Program
- Buddy Program
- Bike Ed & Road Safety Program.
- Camps Program
- Daily Fitness
- Transition Programs
- Winter Sports Program