At St Joseph’s Child Protection and Safety are our first priorities. As a primary school in the Diocese of Sale, we adhere to Ministerial Order 1359 and the Diocese of Sale Catholic Education Limited (DOSCEL) policies as listed below.
- Child Safety Standard 1– Establish a culturally safe environment in which the diverse and unique identities and experiences of Aboriginal children and young people are respected and valued.
- Child Safety Standard 2– Child safety and wellbeing is embedded in organisational leadership, governance and culture.
- Child Safety Standard 3– Children and young people are empowered about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously.
- Child Safety Standard 4– Families and communities are informed, and involved in promoting child safety and wellbeing.
- Child Safety Standard 5– Equity is upheld and diverse needs respected in policy and practice.
- Child Safety Standard 6 – People working with children and young people are suitable and supported to reflect child safety and wellbeing values in practice.
- Child Safety Standard 7– Processes for complaints and concerns are child focused.
- Child Safety Standard 8– Staff and volunteers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children and young people safe through ongoing education and training.
- Child Safety Standard 9– Physical and online environments promote safety and wellbeing while minimising the opportunity for children and young people to be harmed.
- Child Safety Standard 10– Implementation of the Child Safe Standards is regularly reviewed and improved.
- Child Safety Standard 11– Policies and procedures document how the organisation is safe for children and young people.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding child safety please contact Sharon Anderson at email@example.com or phone 5655 2040.
Please click on the links for a copy of the policies: